Why Are You Here?
Does God care about my life and me? Can God really give me meaning and purpose in my life? Does God want a relationship with me in a personal way?
In a time of uncertainty, does it interest you to know that you can have meaning and purpose in life?
God does care. God does speak to us in personal ways. God answered the most important questions in life when He said:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:16-18)
Jesus said, “I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10).
These verses above let us know two important things. First, the life that God offers to us through Jesus Christ is one that is full and second, it is one that is eternal. That gives meaning and purpose to life.
So how do I have a relationship with Christ? Remember these simple facts:
- God’s desire is that all men be saved and come to the truth about Him.
“Who (God) will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”
- Man and Woman are separated from God because of Sin.
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Wages of Sin:
“For the wages of sin is death (spiritual separation forever), but the gift of God is eternal life (fellowship with God forever) in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- God’s solution to our sin problem is Jesus Christ.
“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
2 Corinthians 5:21
- What should our response be to God’s solution?
You should turn from your sin and place your trust in Jesus Christ (accept Him) as the Leader and Lord of your life.
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
“For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
To accept God’s free gift of eternal life and a relationship
with Jesus Christ, you need to:
- Admit that you are a sinner and that you need God’s forgiveness.
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent) and turn to Jesus Christ. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19)
Ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sin and take control of your life. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that god hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10: 9-10)
God wants to give you this life with meaning and purpose right now.
- Is there any reason that you cannot accept His offer right now?
For he saith, “I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2
- Isn’t this a prayer that you would like to pray right now?
I know that I have done wrong and that my sin has separated me from You. I need your forgiveness. Thank you for dying on the cross and paying the penalty for my sins. Thank you for arising from the dead and offering to me the gift of eternal life. Please forgive me of my sin and come into my heart and save me. I confess You as my Lord and Savior. Take control of my life and make it have meaning and purpose. I want to follow you the rest of my life. In Jesus name. Amen.
- See what the Bible says about the decision that you have made.
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
“The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.”
Please take the following suggestions very seriously:
- Get Into God’s Word (the Bible).
- Suggestion: Start in the Gospel of John and read one chapter per day. You might voice this prayer:
“Jesus, please reveal yourself to me through your word today.”
- Talk to God in Prayer.
He cares about your every need. Prayer is the way that you communicate with Him. As you read the bible, attend church and get under the sound teaching of God’s Word and fellowship with the Family of God (other believers) you will begin to grow in your faith.
- Share with others about your decision.
- Witnessing or sharing your faith is an exciting part of your Christian experience. Tell friends and loved ones about your commitment to Christ. Ask them to attend church with you. The Bible says that you have “passed from death of life” and that is something to be excited about. Do not be ashamed to tell others!
We at Calvary Road Christian School are excited about your pilgrimage with Jesus Christ. We stand ready to help in any way we can. Do not hesitate to call or email for additional information. May our great God bless you richly!